One of the questions that we get often is: How do I grow a thicker, fuller beard? How do increase the volume and length of my beard? and so on.
While there is no “magic bullet” to make your facial hair twice its normal size in a day or two – there are steps that you can take to encourage a more voluminous beard.
We’ve identified 6 tips that can help keep your beard looking nice and full.
Short-Term Method To A Fuller Beard:
The short-term beard volume method is a way of quickly enhancing your facial hair and making it seem larger, more voluminous.
1. Clean the pores of your facial hair on a regular basis and stimulate the skin so that dirt and grease don’t get trapped. Keep the pores happy.
By regularly washing your beard in the shower you will wash away the grime and have a more fluffy, softer beard that can be “pumped up”.
2. Using a beard conditioner that can help control itching will prevent you from always messing with your facial hair and damaging the follicles.
If you want a voluminous beard do not apply the conditioner to your roots. This is because you will weigh down your facial hair with the weight of the oil or conditioner.
Apply only to the top part and the tips. However, if you have beard dandruff or dryness then applying to the roots is the way to go.
3. Stand in front of a mirror and brush your facial hair out towards the mirror. You can also brush downwards but gently move away a little bit towards the right and the left. This will make you beard appear more fuller.
Long-Term Method For A Fuller Beard:
The long-term method is to take proper care of your hair and body and make sure you’re not deficient in any vitamins.
Having a hormone imbalance can also impact beard growth so just be aware that it could be more than one factor.
4. There are many claims about biotin or zinc or other supplements such as vitamin A that will help you increase facial hair growth.
We have yet to come across any concrete evidence that taking these supplements will in fact increase your facial hair for sure.
5. At the same time, we do not discount that importance of taking a multivitamin that has biotin, zinc, and other vital supplements. So its good to cover your bases by taking a good multivitamin.
6. The Reverse Effect? We’ve also read that minerals like zinc and copper help prevent facial hair…and that’s not what you want.
So the bottom line is to consult with your physician to see what they recommend – because each situation might be unique and different.